Mananthavady – Kuruvadweep – Banasura Dam – Tirunally
March 15,16 2014
This new year, a brand new ride. Join CAM for a momentous ride through an enchanting route in Waynad district of kerala. “The first and the second edition of the ride got filled up quite quickly, hence repeating the ride one last time this year. Register soon and confirm your participation.” What more? The stay for the ride will be at the wonderful “Century Grand Mananthavady” (http://www.centurygrandwayanad.com), a three star hotel with helpful staff and wonderful rooms. Register here Reg-WoW Join CAM for the Wondrous Waynad.
- Start the ride from Mananthavady.
- Ride through the lush green surroundings and reach Tirunally..
- Evening ride to Banasura Sagara Dam, where one can experience Speed boating.
- Stay at Century Grand hotel (http://www.centurygrandwayanad.com).
- All the above only on Day1 of the ride.
- Day 2 ride, through the silent interior roads and reach Kuruvadweep.
- A small “Raft ride” to enter the main island of Kuruvadweep.
- Hop the islands, by wading through the shallow waters of kuruvadweep
- The Cost of the entire trip including stay, food and transport is 4400 rs only.
The Cost Includes :
- Rider transport to waynad(from bangalore) and back on an ultra luxury Bus.
- Bike transport.
- Support during the ride
- Kerala road tax for the vehicles.
- Accommodation at Century Grand (Non A.C, double or triple sharing)
- Entry fee or Speed boat fee for Banasura Dam
- Entry fee for Kuruvadweep
- Any other snacks or drinks rider wants.
Register here Reg-WoW We know that some of us want to ride more and some of us want to ride less. Note that at any point of time, you may stop the ride and get on to support vehicles. Two vehicles (and the Bus) will be with the riders.
|Total Distance||Day 1 : 100 kms (60 for easy)
Day 2 : 60 kms
|Road Condition||MTB or Hybrids - Preferred
Road bikes are manageable
|Riding expertise||Day 1: Beginners to Experienced
Day 2: Beginners to Experienced
|Places of Interest||1. Mananthavady
3. Banasura Dam
Day 1 : Saturday, Mar 15, 2014
|5:30 a.m||Reach Start point - Mananthavady|
|7:00 a.m||After freshening up, Start the morning ride towards Tirunally (31 kms one way). Breakfast enroute|
|9:30 a.m||Reach Tirunally, sped 30 minutes and return back to Mananthavady|
|1:00 p.m||Reach Mananthavady, Lunch.|
|2:00 p.m||Experts may start the ride towards Banasurasagara dam (20 kms one way)|
|3:30 p.m||Reach the Dam, 30 minutes of sightseeing time, start back to Hotel.|
|6:30 p.m||Reach Mananthavady, explore the town|
Day 2 : Sunday, Mar 16, 2014
The Day2 ride starts from Mananthavady towards Kuradweep and ends at Sultan Bathery. The ride is quiet serene in itself. DAY-2 ROUTE
|6:00 a.m||wake up and get ready|
|7:30 a.m||start the ride towards Kuruwadweep|
|9:00 a.m||Reach Kuruvadweep, Breakfast. 1.5 hours time in Kuruvadweep to explore the place.|
|10:30 a.m||Start ride towards Sultan Bathery|
|11:45 a.m||Reach Pulpally enroute, easy riders may stop here|
|1:30 p.m||Reach Sultan Bathery, Lunch and start back to bangalore|